The University of Culture (Mandalay) was officially opened on 5 November 2001 with the act No.(21/98) of the State Law and Order Restoration Council. It is situated on Shwe Sar Yan Pagoda Road near Ohn Chaw Village, Pa Thein Gyi Township, Mandalay Division. At the beginning stage of the formation of the University of Culture, U San Win took the responsibility as a Rector on 22 December 2000 according to the meeting No.(46/2000) of the State Law and Order Restoration Council. In 2006, as the Rector U San Win was promoted to Director General of the Department of Archaeology, U Ngwe Htun took the responsibility as a Rector on 1 December 2006 to the University of Culture (Mandalay). According to the cabinet approval (40/2007), the University of Culture was changed to the the National University of Arts and Culture in 2007.
Date of Establishment
5 November, 2001
The Location and Area
The implementation plan for the construction of the University of Culture, Mandalay was initiated on February 8 th, 1999. It is situated on the Shwesaryan pagoda Road, Ohn Chaw Village, Patheingyi Township, Mandalay Division and the area is 41.35 acres
- Keeping dynamic patriotism
- Strengthening of national unity.
- Preservation of national culture.
Objectives & Strategies
- To preserve, promote and disseminate Myanmar Cultural Heritage.
- To conduct research and training with the aim of bringing about the progress of Myanmar fine arts and visual arts turning out outstanding artistes and artists.
- To contribute to the teaching of traditional cultures and customs of indigenous national races at the universities, institutes, colleges and schools.
- To help strengthen the spirit of nationalism and patriotism.
- To turn out good artistes and artists with refined morality and integrity.